Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

So sad that Christmas is over and don't want to take down our Christmas decorations today, but I'm excited for 2010!

Sheldon, Hayes and I celebrated the New Year by going to a great restaurant, 20's Hideout Steakhouse with live piano entertainment, here in Marion. The name "Hideout" came from Tommy Gunn's secret password back in the 20's. We had to wait about an hour since they didn't take reservations and Hayes was so good. Sheldon had the Private Eye, which is a 12 oz Delmanico cut of a Rib-Eye and I had the 8 oz Flapper Filet. We topped it off with a dessert Hayes noticed upon arrival, The Untouchable. It is a generous portion of oven-warm homemade chocolate chip cookie smothered in ice cream and topped with Kahula fudge and whip cream. The food is as they boost, "dangerously good" so if you come for a visit and are looking for a great meal that is the place to go. http://hideoutrestaurant.com/index.php

P.S. We got a new camera for Christmas and I can't post new pics yet. Every time I plug the camera cord into the USB port on my computer it crashes my computer. Working on it because I've got some things to share.

No comments: