Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"Red, like Christmas"

On Decemeber 23rd Hayes went to bed really late, around 10pm, on a pallet in the room Sheldon and I were staying in at the Porter's home. I went to bed around midnight and when I walked in the room I thought is was so strange that the tv was on. I looked over at Hayes and immediately noticed something red on his face. For a split second I thought it could be blood, but I knew it was not. I then noticed that it was all over the wall - my mother-in-laws faux rag painted wall - and on the embroidered pillow sham. The pillow stuffing was sewn into the sham. It was not just your typical sham covering. Then I looked and it was all over all of Hayes's stuffed animals and somehow on the pillowcase that was on top of the regular bed.

All I could do was bust out laughing (once I realized it was not blood), and call for help. Sheldon's brother came in first and we both started dying laughing. Matt turned on the light and Hayes started to wake up and everybody else came in to evaluate the damage...

At first he wouldn't tell us or show us what he used, but we quickly figured it out. Hayes had gotten a red marker AND glue stick out of a box from the closet and went to town. He put the red marker and glue stick back in the box (which I have no idea how he opened in the first place).
He said he was "red, like Christmas."

Sheldon stripped him down and gave him a bath. He still had a slightly red tinted face for Christmas Eve. Also I still noticed some red in his head about a week ago while giving him a bath.

Thankfully the red came out of everything. Thank goodness for washable markers!

No comments: