Friday, March 26, 2010

Eli's One-Month Stats...

and a little more.

Yesterday was a crazy day. First of all it was cold and rained all day...I mean poured. It was so nasty out. Anyway, I got up at 7am, got myself (shower included) and Hayes ready, feed Eli, got supper going in the crock pot and headed out the door at 8:15am.

First stop was Second Street Baptist Church. Hayes had an 8:30am appt to be screened for a half-day Pre-K program(not for the church, but for the public school system). So I filled out paperwork and a nice lady took Hayes in a classroom for testing while I waited in the parent room filling out more paperwork. After about 30 minutes of waiting I heard a lady ask, "who does this boy belong to?" I turned around and saw that Hayes had been crying. I thought oh no what has happened. The lady said Hayes was crying because he didn't want to stop playing the games (tests). So I told Hayes he was going to Kid's Day Out at church and he could play more games there. I knew what was coming next...a breakdown...and I was somehow going to have to get Hayes and Eli back out to the car in the rain. So we picked up our umbrellas we had left at the door, me with my Vera Bradley and Hayes with his Wonderpets, and I headed out with a crying kid pleading with him to please get in the car. By the way it is not easy holding an umbrella and infant carrier. We all finally made it in the car and then Hayes proceeding to cry because the car seat was too tight. Why is it that children get to a stage where the car seat is always too tight? So I got out in the rain, opened his door and fake loosened it. As usual it worked and we were off...still hearing cries from the back saying he wanted to go home. So we pull into Kid's Day Out and I hear, "hey! this is not home." Nope! It sure isn't is what I was thinking, but this is where you are going until 3pm today. We go in and his class is already lined up to wash hands before snack (we got there an hour late), so the teacher had to pull Hayes from me and I headed out. Well really I eased down the hall and like a good mother listened to make sure he stopped crying...he did.

So Eli and I headed off to his 11:15am 1-month checkup where everything looked good, and we'll go back at 2 months.

One-Month Stats:

- 22.25 inches (up from 20.5 inches at birth) - Gonna have to recheck this one at home.
- Head 37.5 (up from 36.5 at birth)
- 9 lbs 8 oz (up from 7 lbs 8 oz at birth)
- Eli is becoming more alert and staying awake a little longer. Seems like he's been smiling since the day he was born.

So after we left the appointment my plan was to go back home, eat lunch and nap. Just as I laid down Eli decided his stomach was a little upset. By the time it subsided it was time to feed him again, and then leave to pick up Hayes at Kid's Day Out.

A mother's work is never done.

No comments: