Monday, September 14, 2009

Big Boy Bed Partay!

Well Hayes started sleeping in a big boy bed since we moved. And actually it is a really tall antique bed that has been in Sheldon's family for a while. (I think at least since the late 1800s??). To help Hayes adjust I thought we would celebrate with a little party when his bedding arrived.

I made Hayes' favorite...cupcakes with sprinkles. And really, who doesn't love a cupcake?


Here is Hayes opening his bedding. He loves a present.

Thankfully he loved the construction design right away.

Hayes also loves to blow out a candle
so we added one of those to his cupcake.

I could hardly take this picture I was laughing so hard at his pose. I had made the bed and placed all his stuffed animals that he loves (notice Sharkie the Whale front and center and Sammy the river otter). I then placed Hayes in the middle and he struck this pose all on his own. I suppose he was really proud to have his own big boy bed!

So far he has fallen off the bed three times. One time around 1:30am
and the other two times were at naptime. Once while trying to stand
and turn his ceiling fan on and again while trying to get his cowboy hat off the bedpost.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so cracking up at Hayes in that big bed!!! I had no idea he was now sleeping in the old antique. Can you believe mom and dad used to sleep in that together. Too funny!!!