Saturday, August 22, 2009

Ray Fosse Park

Here is a park we visit at least once a week about five minutes from our house. It is complete with playground equipment, picnic tables with shelters, tennis courts and seven baseball fields. It also has a community swimming pool with slide and baby pool with a mushroom sprinkler. Course the pool closed for the season last Sunday and it was open daily from 1pm-4:30pm (that is when Hayes is usually napping). They also offer swim lessons during the summer. I think they have putt-putt and some batting cages too.

When we were there on Friday we met Andrea. She seems to be about my age and has an 18-month-old Sam and a 3 month-old Stephen. I talked to Andrea for about an hour while Hayes and Sam played on the playground and in the sand. She told me about a community church that Sheldon had already seen, so we hope to visit there soon. It sounds a lot like the church we are members of in Easley, Marathon. We exchanged numbers so I can meet up with her at another playground with other moms and their children from her church.
Surrounding this playground are swings, more slides and seesaws, which Hayes is loving these days. But I have to say he spends most of his time train-hopping between the engine, circus and caboose train cars.
Here is Hayes on the engine. He likes to ring the bell and stand on the corner seat and watch the big trucks go by. I also heard him yelling "all aboard" when I was sitting on the picnic table nearby.
Here's the circus train. Hayes is standing behind the zebra. The other side has a monkey with the face cut out, but Hayes isn't quite tall enough for that.
Here he is on the caboose pointing for me to get on the engine. We like to sit in the corner seats of the caboose and look out the windows.

Great fun at the park today, and I enjoyed talking to another mom that could potentially turn into a local friend.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Glad you are making friends there. I know Hayes is loving that train.